top of page

Brexit. Check the truck to cross the UK border (Kent Access Permit)

Обновлено: 12 сент. 2023 г.

From 01.01.2021, Truck drivers must have a KAP to travel through Kent to the Port of Dover or the Eurotunnel and on to the EU. The permit helps manage traffic by confirming drivers have the right documents for EU import controls.

Who needs a permit

You need a KAP if your truck is both:

  • leaving Great Britain from the Port of Dover or the Eurotunnel

  • over 7.5 tonnes

You will need a permit even if the truck is not carrying goods or if it is only carrying post.

Each permit is valid for 24 hours. You need a new permit each time the truck leaves Great Britain.

The driver could be stopped and fined up to £300 for entering Kent without having a Kent Access Permit, or for making false declarations when travelling to the Port of Dover or Eurotunnel.

What you’ll need

You will need:

  • the expected date and time of arrival of the truck in Kent

  • the registration number (front number plate) of the truck

To get a KAP, you will have to confirm which documents you have already. Before you start, check whether you have:

  • an EU import document with a barcode (for example from an import declaration or Transit Accompanying Document)

  • Admission Temporaire/Temporary Admission (ATA) or Transport Internationaux Routiers (TIR) carnets

Use the UK online Government Digital Service even if you do not need these documents, or you’re planning to collect them while travelling to the border. The service will tell you if you do not have a document you need.

23 просмотра0 комментариев

Недавние посты

Смотреть все


bottom of page